February may be a short month, but there is quite a bit to do during the week to fill it up! The events for the upcoming week go beyond planning ahead for Valentine’s Day (though there are quite a few themed events if you’re into celebrating the holiday). Enjoy plenty of food, festivals, music, and more!
Wednesday, February 6
– Celebrate Valentine’s day a bit early with among four-legged friends at Kitchen 56, who is hosting a “Smooch the Pooch” pre-Valentine’s happy hour. There will be great deals on food and drinks, photo ops, giveaways, and much more. Starts at 6 pm.
– It’s time to enjoy another reading from Bar Flies, where storytellers get to recount true stories based around a certain theme for your entertainment. This month, the theme is “my pet.” Tickets are $10 for the show starting at 7 pm over at Valley Bar.
Thursday, February 7
– Enjoy the Electric Desert at the Desert Botanical Garden for a special “Lit & Sip” event for the 21+ crowd. From 7-10pm, you can enjoy a featured cocktail and participate in a Silent Dance Party. This means 2 DJs will play different music genres and you choose headphones to match your mood. Tickets are $35 or $25 for members.
– Heritage Square Park is hosting a Valentine’s Craft Party where you can enjoy some champagne and chocolate fondue while making paper crafts for the day of love. Tickets are $40 per person or $75 per couple. From 6-8pm.
Friday, February 8
– Cuff Restaurant in Historic Downtown Glendale is hosting a customer appreciation party to celebrate their 4 years of business and the premiere of their short segment on the PBS show Plate and Pour. The TV show will be aired, happy hour prices will be in effect all night long, and complimentary light bites.
– Crescent Ballroom is hosting “J-Dilla Day” to celebrate one of the legendary producers and rappers in hip-hop history. The birthday celebration starts at 7 pm and will feature performances and DJs spinning beats. There will also be free donuts while supplies last from Welcome Chicken & Donuts! Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 day of.
Saturday, February 9
– Enjoy Greek Culture with the 32nd annual Peoria Greekfest. There will be tons of vendors, authentic Greek food, wine, and live music. The festival runs from 11am-10pm and admission is $3.
– Schnepf Farms is hosting a “Night Lights” festival that is inspired by the traditional Thai Lantern Festival. The all-new sky lantern experience is sure to be a great experience with your friends and family, with lanterns launching just after dusk. Adult passes are $65 but include a lantern and gift bundle.
Sunday, February 10
– Enjoy all types of grilled cheese sandwiches at the Grilled Cheese Festival taking place from 12-7pm. Chefs are competing for the title of Culinary Master by creating yummy sandwiches that you’re sure to enjoy. There will also be live entertainment and beverages for purchases. General admission is $15.
– Head over to the Desert Botanical Garden from 1-4:30 pm for a “Corks and Cactus” event – where wines and the environment come together for a great event. There will be 40 different wines to sample and live music entertainment. Tickets are $45 ($40 for members).
Monday, February 11
– Changing Hands Bookstore in Phoenix is hosting their monthly “Drink and Draw” event from 6:30-9: 30 pm, where you can practice your craft among other art enthusiasts. A live model will be provided, and a variety of beverages and snacks are available for purchase. $10.
– House of Tricks is partnering with Four Peaks Brewing Co. for a Four Peaks Dinner that perfectly pairs beers with a five-course meal. This is a great event to take any beer lover to and great timing for an early Valentine’s Celebration. The $90 ticket includes tax and gratuity. 6-7: 30 pm.
Tuesday, February 12
– If you’re trying to plan something for Valentine’s Day ahead of time, the Farm at South Mountain has you covered. There are several options for Valentine’s picnics (with times at 10 am, 11 am, 12 pm, and 1 pm) that include a “Sweetheart” picnic basket with food for two to share. In addition to what’s provided, you can also purchase wine, beer, or mimosas. Tickets are $55.
– Learn all the basics of cookie decorating with a class at Cookie Brokers Bakery from 5:45-7pm. All materials are provided for the class, which is open to all skill levels. Tickets are $20.
What’s on your calendar for the week? Tag us on social with #PhxFray and #FrayLife so we can follow along. Craving some seasonal beers? Check out these top spots!
View More Articles By Emily Holloway