Another week in February is here, and there’s still plenty to do. Whether you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day or simply get outside to enjoy the weather while it lasts, there’s something for you.
Here are our most fun picks for the coming week. Check them out and don’t forget to share your own weekly wins with us by tagging #FrayLife #PhxFray on social!
Wednesday, February 13
– Head over to Civic Space Park at 11 am for the third annual “Sweetheart Lunch in the Park” event, where proceeds will benefit Waste Not – a nonprofit that rescues excess food from restaurants, grocers. etc. to feed the hungry. The $12 minimum donation includes lunch and a handcrafted ceramic bowl for you to take home.
– Over 40 farmers and businesses are gathering together for the Arizona Center Farmer’s Market, selling everything from fresh produce to crafts and more. It’s a great way to shop and support local! From 4-8pm.
Thursday, February 14
– The Café at Phoenix Public Market is partnering with Lush Bouquet (a local flower shop) to sell a variety of things for Valentine’s day. Head over to the one-stop shop between 10 am-2 pm to browse through a range of gifts for your sweetie (or yourself).
– FilmBar in downtown Phoenix is showing the classic romantic adventure film The Princess Bride several times throughout the day in honor of Valentine’s Day. Times vary, with showings at 12:30 pm, 5:10 pm, and 7:20 pm.
Friday, February 15
– Science With A Twist is returning to the Arizona Science Center with a theme of “Mummies Unraveled.” The adults-only event allows you to take a journey back in time to ancient Egypt while enjoying themed cocktails and fun activities. Tickets are $12 and the event runs from 6-10pm.
– The Nash presents “JAZZmeetsPOETRY” from 7:30 -10 pm as a showcase of music and poetry. The night’s theme is “Women in Jazz and Poetry,” so get ready to celebrate the amazing, talented women in both spheres. Advance tickets are $15 or $20 at the door.
Saturday, February 16
– Get the chance to try a range of yummy cocktails over at the Van Buren for a Cocktail Jam featuring local DJs mixing music. Tickets are $40 in advance, which includes 10 craft cocktails to sample. The party starts at 8 pm.
– Enjoy a night of socializing and swapping books at Changing Hands Bookstore in Phoenix. From 6-8pm, you can bring books that you want to swap with others for something new to read. You can also enjoy beverages for purchase at the First Draft Book Bar.
– Head over to Valley Bar at 10 pm for “Naranja” – a night of reggaetón, cumbia, salsa, and merengue music that will have you moving your feet. The journey through Latin music and culture is sure to be a big party. Free!
Sunday, February 17
– Salt River Fields is hosting the Street Eats Food Truck Festival, where about 50 food trucks will be selling all sorts of food from 11 am-6 pm. Every menu will have a $2 sample, so this is your chance to try a range of dishes! Among the food trucks, there will be live music, a vendor marketplace, and much more. General admission is $12.
– Take advantage of the nice weather and hang out at Hance Park for a free party in the park. There will be music playing and a range of beverages and food for sale. Admission is free for this “Sundays in the Park” event.
Monday, February 18
– What’s better than trying different types of wine? Pairing these samples with cookies, of course! GenuWine is hosting a wine and cookie pairing where 5 different wines will be paired with cookie flavors to compliment. Tickets are $25, from 6-7 pm.
– 7th Street and Union Bar is hosting “Last Slinger Standing” – an elimination round competition to find the best bartender in the region. The event is free to attend and enjoy – just RSVP online. From 7-11 pm.
Tuesday, February 19
– Hang out at Four Peaks Brewing Company for an extension of Arizona Beer Week and Cocktail Weekend with their “CocktALE Pairing Dinner,” featuring pairings of four peaks beers with house-made cocktails and food dishes. Tickets are $60. From 6-9 pm.
What do you think will make the list of things to do for the week? Don’t forget to tag us on social with #FrayLife and #PHXFray!
Need even more fun ideas for this week? Why not try out the best local winter beers Phx has to offer OR if you prefer eating to drinking, check out our list of top food events coming to the Valley in 2019.
View More Articles By Emily Holloway