It’s almost Christmas time here in the Valley, but that doesn’t mean there’s a shortage of events. Whether you’re looking to grab some last minute gifts or just enjoy the weather and festive activities, we have what you’re looking for here!
Wednesday, December 19
– Get some fresh produce from local vendors at the Wednesday night Farmer’s Market from 5-8pm at Barnone in Gilbert. You can also grab dinner and drinks while you’re there.
– Sip on a glass of wine (or two) and have fun creating a festive winter succulent terrarium for “Plant Nite” at Genuwine Arizona. All materials will be provided in the ticket price, which is $55. Drinks and food are an additional cost. 6-8pm.
– Pita Jungle in Downtown Phoenix is celebrating their 8th anniversary by offering BOGO deals on their menu after 2 pm. All you have to show them is the event details from Facebook to redeem.
Thursday, December 20
– Enjoy the “Beauty of Downtown Living Trolley Tour,” which will stop at distinct residential properties around the Downtown Phoenix area. It’s a great way to see what people love about the area. Refreshments served throughout the free tour that runs from 5-7pm. RSVP here.
– It’s your second chance to attend “Phoestivus” – the annual holiday shopping market in Phoenix that features over 150 local vendors, a hipster Santa, and much more. It’s free to attend from 5-10pm.
Friday, December 21
– Enjoy an ugly sweater party and deals all night over at Willie’s Taco Joint from 4pm-close. There will be deals on beer as well as $5 Spiked Mexican Hot Chocolate. There are also chances to win prizes from a D-backs Suite to Suns tickets.
– Unexpected Gallery is hosting their “Third Friday Artisan Gift Mart,” which will give you the chance to grab last-minute gifts from local artisans. There will also be s’mores and poetry performances.
– Spend the night at Crescent Ballroom to enjoy the “Club 90’s night: Britney vs. Justin.” The night will take you back to the golden era, playing tons of N’Sync and Britney hits among the rest of the 90’s bops. There will also be a photo booth. Tickets are $10, doors open at 10pm.
Saturday, December 22
– “South Mountain Aglow” takes place from 5:30-9pm, where you can enjoy a one-mile luminaria walk over at South Mountain. There will also be local musicians, artisans, and food trucks. Free to attend.
– Harry Potter enthusiasts will enjoy a night at The Van Buren for a Yule Ball, featuring a costume contest and trivia. There will also be themed drinks and food, a live music performance, and a DJ providing jams for the rest of the night. Doors open at 7 pm, tickets start at $15.
Sunday, December 23
– It’s an iconic Christmas Ballet and it’s heading to the Orpheum Theatre with showtimes at 1 and 5 pm. The Nutcracker is a great show that you can catch in the iconic theatre to put you in the Christmas spirit. Tickets start at $25.
– Help Valley Bar support another local music venue with a night of performances. “Lunch Money” is a night of awareness and support for the Lunchbox in Phoenix, a 150-cap DIY venue and bar. The $10 donation helps keep the venue afloat. Show starts at 7 pm.
Monday, December 24
– Enjoy a “Mistletoe Flow” class at Sutra Yoga Studios from 12-1: 30 pm. The central flow and guided meditation class will help to kick off your holiday. $18.
– Valley bar presents “DJ Jingle Things” for a music box night with old school and modern cuts, all from a cassette tape collection. Enjoy your Christmas Eve dancing to the beat for free, starting at 9 pm.
Tuesday, December 25
– The Hotel Valley Ho is offering a few meal options if you don’t feel like doing any Christmas cooking. There will be a Christmas buffet option from 10am-2pm for $65 per person. The ZuZu Christmas dinner will be from 4-9pm and ranges in price from $52-65 a person. Reservations required.
– Celebrate later on in the day with a Christmas tamale and trivia party over at Crescent Ballroom. They’ll be showing classic Christmas movies through three rounds of trivia, and of course, there will be tamales for purchase. Free and starts at 8 pm.
What do you have planned for this holiday week? Tag us on social with #PhxFray and #FrayLife so we can join your celebrations.
Speaking of this holidays, need some last-minute gift ideas that are #FrayLife approved? Check out our official holiday gift guide!
View More Articles By Emily Holloway
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »