We’re officially into the new year and that means there is a whole new array of things to check out around the Valley! We’re here (like each and every week) to help make fun possible for you by calling out the coolest things to do around Phx.
Check out our top picks below that’ll help you get there and live the #FrayLife this week!
Wednesday, January 9
– Carly’s Bistro is hosting “Best of Phoenix” Wednesday night trivia, where you can test your knowledge on things from current events to pop culture. From 7-10pm and is free.
– Singer/rapper Gnash (most well-known for “I hate u, I love u”) is heading to the Van Buren for his Broken Hearts Club tour. Tickets are $20 and the show starts at 7:30 pm.
Thursday, January 10
– FilmBar is showing “At Eternity’s Gate,” a new film that dives into the last days of Vincent van Gogh. The movie stars Willem Dafoe and gives insight into the artist as a human being. There are two showings, one at 12 pm for $7.00 and one at 4:50 pm for $9.95.
– Enjoy the Crescent Community Bike Ride where you can bike around with members of the community and enjoy one of two distinct rides. There’s a “caliente” ride for those who want to go fast and far, and a “fresca” ride that’s cool and casual. The fast ride starts at 7 pm, the relaxed ride starts at 8 pm. There are discounts on food and drinks when you get back to the venue.
Friday, January 11
– GenuWine Arizona is celebrating their 1-year anniversary, and they want you to be a part of it! There will be wine samples, giveaways, and live music. From 5-9pm.
– Country music fans should head over to The Van Buren for KMLE Country’s 90’s throwback, featuring live music from Mogollon as well as music from KMLE’s DJ Pauly. There will be line dancing as well as a mechanical bull and drink specials. $10, starts at 8 pm.
Saturday, January 12
– Get all the local goods you need at Phoenix Public Market’s open-air market, starting at 8 am. Free admission.
– “The Spot Downtown” is an interactive arts and culture series that is taking place at the Heritage and Science Park. The month’s theme is “Fresh-n-fit” which features free fitness classes and demonstrations on meal prep.
– The film “Being John Malkovich” turns 20 this year, which has prompted Changing Hands Bookstore to celebrate the movie. It was also the feature film debut of Charlie Kaufman and Spike Jonze. Enjoy a showing of the film at the store starting at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $8.
Sunday, January 13
– Phoenix is participating in “Improve Everywhere’s Global No Pants Subway Ride.” This global event features thousands of people riding public transportation without pants. There will be four different points where this will start at 1 pm, with a stop at the Churchill to meet up with the others. The event will end around 4 pm and is free to participate in. More details on the Facebook Event Page!
– Ocotillo Restaurant is hosting a day of cocktails and food trucks from 4-7pm. Sidecar social club will be open to serve beverages and there will be food trucks ranging from Cousins Maine Lobster to The Scookie Bar.
Monday, January 14
– You can enjoy the 48th Annual Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale from 8am-8pm over at WestWorld. See thousands of the world’s most sought-after automobiles at the event that is broadcasted live on TV. Ticket prices vary, with ones for Monday starting at $21.
– ThirdSpace in Phoenix is welcoming musicians, poets, rappers, comedians, and much more with an open mic event. Sign up starts at 7:15 pm with the show going from 8-10:30 pm.
Tuesday, January 15
– You can enjoy a free public tour of the historic Orpheum Theatre in Phoenix starting at 12 pm. Bring your camera to be “wowed.”
– Get lessons in cookie decorating over at the Cookie Brokers store in downtown Phoenix. Cookies and bagged icing are provided for the session where you are taught how to work with Royal icing. All ages are welcome as the class is geared toward beginners. Tickets are $20.
What are your plans for the week? Let us know by tagging us with #PhxFray and #FrayLife on social!
STILL need more fun stuff to do this week? Why not hit up one of these 4 essential walks for anyone who lives in Phx!?
View More Articles By Emily Holloway
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »