As January comes to a close, we are grateful for the month of beautiful weather and another one to come. The beginning of February brings a lot of awesome events with it that you should totally check out.
Wednesday, January 30
– The Celebration of Fine Art in Scottsdale is taking place from 10am-6pm, where you can meet over 100 artists and watch them work. Enjoy the creative process. There’s also a cafė on site. Tickets are $10, parking is free.
– Don’t miss the weekly Arizona Center Farmer’s Market from 4-8pm on 3rd St. and Van Buren. More than 40 local businesses and farmers will be selling produce and other goods for you to stock up on.
Thursday, January 31
– Hear a range of music types all spun from vinyl records by DJ Gila Man over at Valley Bar. The event is free, so head down at 9pm to dance and enjoy the beats.
– Get your weekly roundup of the week’s current events (entertainment, music, politics) with hosts Anwar Newton and Michael Turner as well as standup comedians for “This Week Sucks Tonight.” The event is free and starts at 11pm.
Friday, February 1
– Enjoy the start of the Phoenix Indie Film Festival with a variety of movies being shown from local filmmakers and international premieres as well. The two-day event will be at venues like Crescent Ballroom and Film Bar. $75 gets you a two-day access pass, but smaller options are available. Times vary.
– Head over to The Churchill in Phoenix for a free pop up show by local band Jared & The Mill from 8:30-11:30pm. The western rock band channels an Americana sound and are known for providing experiences to really connect with fans.
– Did you know that the Phoenix Art Museum has free admission from 6-10pm as a part of the First Friday Art Walk? Enjoy the exhibits and great pieces the place has to offer.
Saturday, February 2
– The “Art of Chocolate A’Fair” allows you to enjoy a range of artisan chocolates and confections as well as live music and food trucks out in Gilbert. The festival takes place from 10am-5pm.
– Enjoy the beauty and magic of thousands of lanterns lighting up the water at Tempe Kiwanis Park for the 1000 Lights Water Festival. Apart from the beautiful sights, there will be food, games, live entertainment, and more. The goal is to help people connect with hopes, dreams, and loved ones. Gates open at 4pm and the event runs till 8pm. Tickets start at $24 and include a lantern.
Sunday, February 3
Not sure what to do for Super Bowl Sunday? We have a few ideas:
– BLK Live in Scottsdale is hosting a watch party and will feature a variety of great deals for game day. All-you-can-eat wings are $20, fireball shots are $4, and drafts range from $4-5.
– Dave and Buster’s in Tempe Marketplace have several packages to choose from when it comes to enjoying the game. From Pro-Bowl packages for $48.64 to MVP packages at $61.45, all give you the change to enjoy food, drinks, and tons of games.
– Crescent Ballroom is hosting a “’Pabst It to Me, I’m Open” party with the game projected in the lounge on the big screen. Enjoy all the offerings the venue has to offer (great tacos and tamales) and some drinks with friends.
– The Churchill is also hosting a watch party, partnered with the dating app Bumble. If you have a profile, you can show it for a free drink! The Churchill also has great offerings for food and a chance for you to enjoy the outdoors with their open concept.
Monday, February 4
– Enjoy a mid-day break with an hour-long yoga class at Elevate Yoga and lunch to go at 12pm. Check in for class and order your lunch, then enjoy class while it’s being prepared. Lunch provided by Rott n’ Grapes. Register for class online, lunch is purchased separately.
– Unexpected Venue hosts a community event featuring painting, graphic, and mural art from 7-11pm. The free event allows you to enjoy local music, art, and “drop-in” art technique lessons.
Tuesday, February 5
– Get the chance to design your own cutting board using wood burning techniques at The Shop Beer Co. Not only will you get to burn a design onto the cutting board, but you’ll get a tasting flight of beer included with the $35 ticket price. From 6-9pm.
– Lolo’s Chicken and Waffles is hosting a paint and sip night featuring a live DJ from 7-9pm. The cost is just $30.
What are you up to for the Big Game…or the rest of this week?? Follow us and tag us in all your fun on social using #FrayLife and #PhxFray.
Ready to make this your most fun February yet? Here are 57 things to do in Phx this month.
View More Articles By Emily Holloway