First and foremost all PHX Fray leagues are 50% Social and 50% Sport. We do have officials; however, we expect individuals to respect the league’s culture of fair and fun play. Foul language and rough play will not be tolerated and individuals who cannot adhere to our standards of fair play and sportsmanship may be asked to leave the league. PHX Fray wants everyone to be social while enjoying a great sport and will do whatever they can to make sure all players are having fun.
ALTERNATE Social Skeeball Rules
- A match will consist of two teams playing a best of Nine (9) series (the first team to win 5 games wins the match). Teams will roll at the same time.
- Groups must have at least 6 rollers on their roster to be elevated to Team status, however, the league reserves the right to place free agent rollers on teams with fewer than 12 rollers.
- Each team must have a minimum of 3 rollers per game. No player may roll more than 3 balls in any given game.
- Teams will roll on the same lane throughout the match. If teams wish to choose their lane prior to the start of a match Captains or a designated player will play Rock Paper Scissors (best of three) for the choice of lane.
- Every ball must be rolled while standing with both feet on the ground and located behind the machines (i.e., no rolling from the side of the lane) Violating this rule will result in a score of zero for balls rolled during the infraction.
- Any shot thrown while observing the previous rules and counted by the machine (including Bank shots) are permitted.
- Balls that fail to enter the scoring zone and roll or otherwise return to the thrower are able to be re-thrown.
- Each team will have one (1) mulligan. You will be able to re-roll one round and one round only and that must be decided following that round and not after the game has been completed. 1) If the one team starts their mulligan the other team will have till before the first team’s second roller rolls the 4th ball to decide if they want their Mulligan.
Scoring or Machine Malfunctions
- Players are advised that the league plays on a variety ages, models, and styles, of machines and that scoring errors, are an inescapable aspect of the game. When a scoring error is made it is the responsibility of the witnessing party to IMMEDIATELY bring the scoring error to the attention of the other team and host. If both captains are able to agree upon the alternation of the score to fix the machine error the game may continue. If captains are unable to agree then the host will make a judgment ruling given the testimony of the captains and their personal knowledge of the machines. The ruling will be in the form of a score alteration and will be considered FINAL. Scoring errors do NOT result in rerolls or voids of frames.
Awards & Trophies
- At the end of each Skeeson Teams will be ranked based on games won and total score. There will be a postseason tournament for the league to crown a champion!
- At the end of each skeeson Individuals will be invited to compete in a High Roller tournament. The winner of this tournament will be given the designation of “High Roller” for that skeeson.
- Additional prizes and trophies may be given.
- Teams & Rollers are encouraged to introduce themselves to their opponents prior to the start of each frame.
- Teams are encouraged to “line up” after their match and shake hands, give high fives, or otherwise congratulate their rivals.
- Skeeball is considered a game for the civilized and friendly. While healthy competition is encouraged, any player deemed to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner will be warned on their first instance, removed from the game on their second (and their score fore-fitted) and finally removed from the league on their 3rd infraction. Examples of unacceptable conduct include excessive badgering of players (to include cursing, shouting or heckling) and or excessively rude conduct to other bar patrons or bar staff. League Reps will have the final decision on any issues regarding enforcement of this rule.